As we enter the first financial year of the 2020s CIPFA’s annual conference sets off to Birmingham to tackle the key questions for government and public services in the decade ahead.
This year the event is held on a Tuesday and Wednesday and sees not only a new name – Public Finance Live – but stronger focused streams allowing delegates to create their own conference experience.
Leading figures from across politics, the public sector, the commercial world and thought leaders will come together to examine how we can ensure strong and sustainable institutions and public services.
The public sector needs to support the needs of citizens for healthy lives and excellence in education. There needs to be the conditions for dynamic employment opportunities, vibrant economies, efficient transport and infrastructure, secure homes and a cleaner, safer environment. How can we meet these challenges?
Addressing all these areas and more this year’s event will focus on 5 areas at the heart of public finance:
- Financial resilience and trust
- Data and Technology
- People and places
- Talent and skills for finance
From finance trainees to chief finance officers to audit committee chairs Public Finance Live aims to meet the needs of all those involved in public finance by helping support every individuals’ development, skills and knowledge gaps.
- Networking opportunities with over 700 industry professionals, peers and suppliers
- The opportunity to do business on site at the lively conference exhibition
- A dedicated CIPFA student conference on 9 July. Free to attend for CIPFA and CIMA students
- To enhance your academic and professional performance, earning up to 16 CPD hours
- Tailor your own conference programme around your interests and learning requirements
- Attend a number of networking events, allowing you to develop new contacts and share ideas