Public finance professionals are facing rapid change across a number of fronts. Brexit will reshape the UK’s political and economic structures, while high-profile events such as the collapse of Carillion and the Grenfell tragedy have shaken public sector orthodoxies.
Meanwhile, technology is transforming how the finance sector works, with adoptions of machine learning, automation and artificial intelligence engines helping users to be more efficient and effective. New technology platforms are enabling analysis of demand to secure and prioritise resource allocations and investments.
This two-day event will explore these emerging political, economic and technological trends and examine how they will reshape public services.
- Networking opportunities with over 800 industry professionals, peers and suppliers
- The opportunity to do business on site at the lively conference exhibition
- A dedicated CIPFA student conference on 11 July. Free to attend for CIPFA and CIMA students
- To enhance your academic and professional performance, earning up to 16 CPD hours
- Tailor your own conference programme around your interests and learning requirements
- Attend a number of networking events, allowing you to develop new contacts and share ideas
We will be discussing how technology can improve the effectiveness of public services while addressing vital questions about the changing public sector landscape.
- The role of the CFO – how does the finance function need to respond and define its future role in a digital world
- Solutions for managing fraud and risk
- Balancing the books – public finance professionals’ key role overseeing expenditure and guaranteeing best value for money
- Predicative analytics: how data mining modelling, machine learning and artificial intelligence can analyse data to make predictions
- Business rates and the Fair Funding Review
- Health and social care integration
- Community transformation through inclusive growth
- Digital infrastructure – how the government’s strategy can take advantage of technologies such as artificial intelligence and augmented reality
- Fintech and digital finance tools