Public finance professionals are facing rapid change across a number of fronts. Brexit will reshape the UK’s political and economic structures, while high-profile events such as the collapse of Carillion and the Grenfell tragedy have shaken public sector orthodoxies.
Meanwhile, technology is transforming how the finance sector works, with adoptions of machine learning, automation and artificial intelligence engines helping users to be more efficient and effective. New technology platforms are enabling analysis of demand to secure and prioritise resource allocations and investments.
This two-day event will explore these emerging political, economic and technological trends and examine how they will reshape public services.
- Networking opportunities with over 700 industry professionals, peers and suppliers
- The opportunity to do business on site at the lively conference exhibition
- A dedicated CIPFA student conference on 9 July. Free to attend for CIPFA and CIMA students
- To enhance your academic and professional performance, earning up to 16 CPD hours
- Tailor your own conference programme around your interests and learning requirements
- Attend a number of networking events, allowing you to develop new contacts and share ideas
The 2018 programme sessions included:
- What prolonged Brexit negotiations mean for public spending and economic growth
- Alternative service delivery models
- The opportunities challenges and myths of Blockchain
- Talent and technology – how ready is the finance profession?
- Fair and Sustainable Funding for Local Government?
- In search of a sustainable state – one for the ‘too difficult box’?
- Ethics live!
- Mapping the Digital State
- Future shocks…risk manage your destiny